All of us want to do what we can for the environment and climate change. One of the simplest things we can do is to recycle as much as we can.
Most of us do what we can and utilise the council kerbside collection, but there are a lot of other items that can be recycled – we’re just not sure about what and where we can recycle it!
So lets start a list of places we know so everyone can see.
- Aluminium Recycling for Guide Dogs for the Blind at Arnside Chip Shop. Please bring your washed aluminium (milk bottle tops, kitchen foil, fast food containers, drink cans etc) and place in the ‘Guide Dogs’ green collection bin.
- Cardboard, Paper & Plastic Collection point in the layby just over the railway crossing on Black Dyke Road.
- Clothes & Shoes Collection point (Salvation Army) in the layby just over the railway crossing on Black Dyke Road. Also a collection point in the Fire Station car park on Silverdale Road.
- Pens, Mechanical Pencils, Refills, Highlighters, Felt Tips, Whiteboard & Permanent Markers and Correction tapes and pens (e.g. Tipp-Ex). Collection point at Arnside Chip Shop. Please place in the clearly labelled plastic collection box near the entrance.
- Pet Food Pouches can be recycled at Pets At Home