This is a seasonal position from 1st April to 31st October 2024. The successful applicant will operate the tidal siren at Arnside to alert members of the public to the imminent high tide, so must be reliable and live locally to Arnside. Working hours are dependent on the tidal conditions so will be flexible to meet the needs of the service.
The post holder should have the following:
- A good level of education including C grade GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths.
- Experience in a safety-related role or in which they have had experience in public safety..
- Be able to calculate the times at which the siren should be sounded using the tide timetables available.
- Effective interpersonal, communication and persuasive skills.
- Ability to operate independently.
For more details, click here.
For an information chat or further information please contact Andrew Vickers, Delivery & Commercial Officer, on 01539 793318
Closing date for applications is Thursday, 15th February 2024.
Interviews will take place week commencing Monday, 26th February 2024.